7 art Reviews with Responses

Inktober #30 Heavy Metal Hard Rock Color Inktober #30 Heavy Metal Hard Rock Color

All caught up again on your Inktober contributions #1-30 (I guess there's 1 to go?). Some scary monsters, some variations and some free-flowing thoughts from the looks of it :D Good times! To answer your thoughts too on #29 vs #30, I like #30 better, though admittedly it's very subtle. I think think the use of just the yellow and red in the background, vs the black and grey for the rock/weight gives more separation and a cooler contrast :D Really cool organic "noise" too with the random little brushstrokes. Really liking this one :D Great job!

Cyberdevil responds:

Yupp, just one more... and I'm actually not totally done with this one yet. XD It's the one that's been left undone for a couple days now... so hopefully tonight.

Yeah... that pretty much sums it up! Thanks for the opinion too. This one's growing on me the more I look at it too, though going back to the other... the dark text in particular really stands out along with the respective text-reflecting imagery... maybe some hybrid on that, and the more subtle borders would be the ideal for me. :) Thanks for reviewing all of them, sort of, so far, in these dual decalogy batches. :P

Inktober #16 Sunshine Shark Inktober #16 Sunshine Shark

All caught up on #1-20 now and really loving most of them. Interesting reading the stories behind each piece as well as the puns in the description/title XD Same comments as I made for #1 really. Also I think it's really cool how you've incorporated the numbers into the art too, as more of a visual texture rather than the usual meanings of such abstract symbols. Really great stuff sir. This shark turned out sweet too! Although again pretty simple looking, it's super effective! Have you thought about designing greetings cards? Seems like something a lot of these things would be great for (Style and puns XD), and you could use the numbers of peoples ages as textures for your art. Just thinking aloud :D

Cyberdevil responds:

Do agree with the super-efficient simpleness on this one. :) Thanks for checking out the whole batch so far, and glad you're enjoying both words and images! Greeting cards hmm, think I've had some ideas in the past but never got very far in the making of. Actually have one coming up in the next batch, though probably not one like the ones you're thinking about. :P Does seem like a fun thing to try though, for real. Witty wording's indeed almost as important a part of those as the visuals, so might actually work OK! Thanks for the ideas!

Inktober #1 One Inktober #1 One

Ahha :D Lovely to see your illustrations again, CyberD (Just caught up with Inktober 1-10). I'm always amazed at the simplicity yet effectiveness of each of your drawings. Pretty simple ideas but REALLY well executed! Keep up the great work sir!

Cyberdevil responds:

Thanks for the appreciation, and good to see you're around here too! :D Somehow most of these pieces end up more witty and wordy (err.. numbery?) than on the realer types of motives I should probably be practicing... but oh well, I do like this style. :) Effectiveness though, hmm, some of these pieces...

Doodles 11-20 should up tonight btw. Thought I'd post all of these in three big batches just before the final day, but deadlines! Argh... just one final piece to finish now though. Will do!

Conan The Snowman Conan The Snowman

Been following your latest uploads and it's really cool to see how you're using the tablet :D Really lovely and simple yet effective style :D I just had to leave a review on this one because the pun pulled me in XD Great work!

Cyberdevil responds:

Hehe, the cheesiest of pun the one with the strongest pull hmm. :) Thanks for commenting, and following. It's been pretty fun doodling around this year. Hope to keep up the habit if time allows... who knows, maybe even improve a bit while I'm at it!

Winter Winter

Great pic, and I'm especially loving the backgrounds and scenery. I remember the animation! I think it was actually the first thing I saw by you :D Keep up the good work sir, and looking forward to working with you again soonish!

KameStudios responds:

Soonish isn't soon enough my friend! Don't you worry you I have a feeling we will be working together in the near future :D

Happy Birthday Nick Happy Birthday Nick

Hehe :D It was a great gift and Birthday, Bob :D Thanks soo much and see you in the New Year :D Looking forward to a productive and collaborative 2016!

Cyberdevil responds:

Hey, you found it! :D Cheers; Happy New Year!

Custom Guitar Monsters Custom Guitar Monsters

Awesome job! As a guitar modder/builder myself I really appreciate the amount of time that goes into these kinda things :D Personally, I suck at finishing so all my guitars are very plain colours (ronseal on wood XD) (I'm much more into the woodwork and electronics/playabillity side) but that is a SCHWEET paintjob! I love all the little monsters :D Congrats man! Shred her until your fingers bleed (in the best possible way XD)

LordWozz responds:

I really need to see if I can get the guy who owns it now to post a video. It sounds incredible.